ETHICS AND COMPLIANCE AT GenWorks
The GenWorks Code of Conduct and Business Ethics (the Code) contains the founding principles on which our business is established and run. This Code exemplifies the best practices with respect to integrity, trustworthiness and ethical behaviour that are incorporated into all our business dealings.
The Code is applicable to all employees of GenWorks (whether full or part time), directors and officer, dealers, interns, consultants, vendors and contractors.
The founding principles of the Code are as follows:
- Obey all applicable laws and regulations governing our business.
- Be honest, fair, and trustworthy in all company and customer related activities and relationships.
- Avoid all conflicts of interest between work and personal affairs.
- Nurture an atmosphere in which fair employment practices extend to every member of the organisation.
- Develop a sustainable culture in the workplace by implementing policies to protect the environment as well as the health and safety of all employees.
- Recognize and respect ethical conduct and inculcate a sense of value for integrity and ethics in all employees.
GenWorks is committed to incorporating these fundamental business ethics in all of our day-to-day interactions. We have developed a policy framework that governs our business, and our relationship with our employees, customers and any third parties.
Working with customers and affiliates:
- Improper Payment Policy, to prohibit any unlawful, illegal, or unethical transactions including bribes, unauthorized gift/incentives, money laundering, cash payments, etc.
- Supplier Policy, to provide for the fair selection of vendors/supplier and ensure that the obligations under the Code are properly communicated and passed through to such vendors and suppliers.
- Government Transactions Policy to ensure that all dealing with government officials and institutions are above board and in compliance with applicable laws.
Protection of Employees
- Fair Employment Practices Policy to ensure that no employee or potential employee is discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, caste, gender or sexual orientation, and to ensure that GenWorks is compliant with all fair labour standards prescribed by applicable law.
- Environment, Health and Safety Policy to identify, evaluate, and manage any occupational health and safety hazards that its employees may be unavoidably exposed to in the course of employment, and to take the appropriate steps to train and protect its employees against such hazards. The policy also aims to ensure that all GenWorks facilities meet basic environmental and safety standards and comply with all laws and municipal regulations relating to the storage, transportation and disposal of hazardous material.
Protection of GenWorks Assets
- Conflict of Interest Policy, to prevent any conflict between business and personal transactions and encourage the disclosure of any actual, potential or perceived conflict of interest by persons governed by the Code.
- Protection of Intellectual Property Policy, to protect and prevent infringement of any third party’s intellectual property rights, and also to provide for the assignment and protection of any intellectual property rights created by, for or on behalf of GenWorks.
- Controllership Policy, for the accurate maintenance of records and adequate reporting protocols to establish the transparency and trustworthiness of GenWorks business.
GenWorks is committed to ensuring that the principles embodied in this Code govern every aspect of its business and expects every employee, director, officer, dealer, consultant, vendor and contractor to adhere to this Code in spirit as well as in practice.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest
scoop right to your box