IOS - Enhances your diagnostic testing ability from paediatrics to geriatrics
Evaluation in only 15-30 seconds of normal breathing
*The result of 25 years experience in Impulse Oscillometry
Helps in the early detection and follow up of pulmonary diseases like asthma, COPD and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
IOS is almost independent of patient cooperation and can test a larger patient range than spirometry alone.
- Spirometric and airway resistance diagnostics in one device.
- Assessment and differentiation of airway function under quiet breathing conditions
- Allows testing children 2 years onwards of age.
- Allows differentiation of central and peripheral airways by measuring airway resistance and reactance at multiple frequencies
- Excellent for bronchial provocation monitoring.
- Inbuilt automatic interpretation of test results.
The experts found that..
- Impulse oscillometry may be considered as the preferred technique for measuring bronchodilation in COPD Clinical Trials
- Airway resistance measured by IOS during methacholine challenge correlates better with asthma symptoms than traditional spirometric measures implying a higher sensitivity index
- Impulse oscillometry provides an effective measure of lung dysfunction in 4-year old children at risk for persistent asthma